Here are step-by-step instructions on how to get digital content on your Nook Color.
Have questions? Ask a staff member or call one of the SPL locations for assistance.
Step A. How to Check Out an EPUB or PDF eBook
Using your personal computer (not a library computer) with an Internet connection:
1. Visit the Digital Downloads section under the Digital Library tab at swpl.org to find a book
2. Click Add to Cart
3. Click Proceed to Checkout
4. Select Southwest Public Libraries & PIN (last 4 of telephone number) option from the Library drop down menu
5. Type your Library Card number in the box
6. Select Login
7. Click Confirm Check Out
8. My Bookshelf will display with your book
Step B. How to Download to Your PC
You must have Adobe Digital Editions software installed and authorized with an Adobe ID. The first time you run Adobe Digital
Editions, you are prompted to authorize the application by entering an Adobe ID. If you don't have an Adobe ID, visit
1. Click the Download button
2. Click the Open button on the File Download box
3. Adobe Digital Editions will open to display the downloaded book
Step C. How to Transfer from Your Computer to Your Nook
1. Connect your Nook to your computer with the USB cable that came with your device
2. The Nook will confirm that it is safe to transfer files
3. Click on the Library View button in Adobe Digital Editions
4. Left click and drag a book from the right side to the left pane where you see your Media device listed
5. Click the Safely Remove Device option generally found in the lower right hand corner
6. After the Safe to Remove Hardware message displays, unplug your Nook from your computer
Step D. How to Begin Reading on Your Nook
1. Press the Menu button on the Nook
2. Press the Library button and press the My Files button
3. Press the Digital Editions icon
4. Press the book you downloaded
5. Begin reading
The downloaded book will remain in the Digital Editions folder on the Nook. Purchased items will show on the Books screen.
When the OverDrive content expires, you will need to manually erase the eBook.