Enjoy the library in more ways than ever as we continue to serve the community safely and innovatively. Learn more about our new hours, current services, and host of programming options below. There is something for everyone!
SPL remains dedicated to serving our community responsibly, following CDC recommendations and adapting services according to new health developments. Due to the county's current high level of coronavirus community transmission,
PER NEW CDC GUIDELINES PLEASE WEAR A MASK WHEN INSIDE THE LIBRARY.
The library is able to provide a mask if you do not have one. Thank you for helping us protect our friends, neighbors, and community.
Current Library Hours and Services
As of September 1, 2021, SPL has returned to original hours, including Sunday hours.
Library hours beginning September 1, 2021:
- Mon-Thu: 9:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Fri-Sat 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sun: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*Please note the library is closed Sunday-Monday, September 5-6 in observance of Labor Day.
- Browsing and checkout. Our shelves are open for browsing.
- Holds pickup: Self-serve or no-contact. Come in and check out your own holds anytime from the regular holds shelves OR call to request no-contact pickup.
- For no-contact holds pickup, please call 15-20 minutes before planned arrival so that we can get your holds ready to go. Please be ready to provide your library card number when calling. When you arrive, look for your bagged and labeled holds on our no-contact tables. They are already checked out to you, so you can just grab and go!
- Computer use: Cardholders may have up to two, 1-hour sessions per day. Computers are first come, first served.
- Self-serve print, copy, scan, fax
- Outdoor bookdrop returns 24/7
- Limited meeting use. Please see “Meeting Room Use” for more info.
- Limited in-person programming. See "Programming" for more info.
Continued no-contact or low-contact services available:
- No-contact holds pickup by request (call Grove City x501, Westland x601)
- No-contact printing by request (call Grove City x503, Westland x603)
- Virtual and Take-Home programming options
- Book bundles, grab & go or personalized
- Digital Library 24/7 (eBooks, eAudiobooks, music, movies, and more)
The following services remain paused or are unavailable at this time:
- Youth Services toys and interactive manipulatives
- Quiet Reading Room
- Test proctoring
- Notary service available at Westland only at this time. Call for details.
Programming & More
We have something for everyone to meet our community’s continuum of needs. Enjoy thoughtfully planned in-person programs as well as a multitude of virtual and take-home options for all ages. See upcoming events via the web calendar or Happenings newsletter.
Please note that masks are required for all indoor in-person programs for the safety of everyone. Thank you for helping us keeping our community healthy.
We are thrilled to welcome storytime back for fall—outdoors! Outdoor storytimes are planned at local parks close to the library from September to October, weather permitting. Storytimes are weather contingent. In the event of inclement weather, storytime will not occur but will resume the following week. See details about storytime in the Happenings newsletter or web calendar.
Grove City Storytime in Town Center Park:
- Outdoors. Planned Mondays, Sep-Oct, at 10:30 a.m., weather permitting. Beginning September 13.
- Meet staff at the park located at the site of the old Grove City Library on Park Street, directly across from the police station.
Westland Music and Movement Storytime at Carl Frye Park:
- Outdoors. Planned Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Sep-Oct, at 10:30 a.m., weather permitting. Beginning September 14.
- Meet staff at the park shelter house, 318 Darbyhurst Road, Columbus 43228.
Westland Little Storytime on the Prairie at Prairie Township Community Center
- Outdoors. Planned Tuesdays, Sep-Oct, at 10:30 a.m., weather permitting. Beginning September 14.
- 5955 W. Broad Street, Galloway, OH 43119
TAKE & MAKE KITS
Take-home craft & activity kits are offered regularly for both youth and adults. See what’s coming up via the web calendar, Facebook events, or in the Happenings Newsletter (find online version under the website ‘Calendar’ tab.)
Themed bundles of books are available for checkout when visiting the library or request to have a personalized bundle put together just for you.
- To request a personalized bundle, call the library (Grove City ext. 503, Westland ext. 603), request online (Kids, Teen/Adult), or fill out a paper form.
- Want a book bundle for no-contact pickup? Give us a call.
Meeting Room Use
Limited meeting room use with reduced capacity is available at both Grove City and Westland. Please stop by or call for more information or to request (Grove City 614-875-6716 ext. 501. Westland 614878-1301 ext. 601).
- Scheduling is on a first come, first-served basis. Please submit requests at least 5 days prior to desired date of use. Requests must be approved.
- Use is at your own risk. Though rooms will continue to be cleaned daily, staff are unable and not responsible for disinfecting before or after each reservation. Clorox wipes will be provided in the room for sanitizing at your own discretion.
- No food or drink is permitted in the meeting rooms or library at this time.
Meeting room hours:
Mon-Tue-Wed: 3-7:30 p.m. | Thu: 3-8 p.m. | Fri-Sat: 2-5:30 p.m. Must submit a request to use. Request must be approved.
Services: When will library service go back to normal?
We will continue to restore in-person services cautiously according to pandemic developments and health recommendations from official authorities. We look forward to resuming more of our favorite in-person interactions as it becomes safe to do so.
Book Donations: Are you accepting book donations?
We are accepting donations again of gently-used books and audiovisual materials. Donations can be dropped off in the marked bins at Grove City (Friends room) or Westland (lobby). Titles that we are unable to add to the library collection will be sold in the Friends of the Library (FOL) book sale.
Meeting Rooms: Are the meeting rooms available?
Our meeting rooms are available for limited use at reduced capacity. Please submit your booking request in-person at the circulation desk or by calling. (Grove City ext. 501, Westland ext. 601). Reservations are limited and must follow our meeting room policy.
Meeting Rooms: Why are the hours for the meeting room limited?
Our meeting rooms are still serving as staff areas for various tasks during part of the day. We’ve worked to reconfigure our spaces and procedures to enable community meeting room use while still serving safely. Thank you for your continued understanding.
Programming: When will you have in-person programming again?
We are pleased to have resumed some in-person programming this fall with thoughtful planning and care. For the safety of all, masks are required at all indoor, in-person events. Please see programming details via the web calendar or Happenings newsletter.
Returns: When and where can I return my items?
You may return items at any time. Please use the outdoor bookdrops at both locations. Indoor bookdrops are currently unavailable.
Safety measures: What safety measures is the library taking to protect the health of visitors?
The safety and health of our patrons and staff remain our priority. SPL has implemented many precautionary measures including:
- Training staff in proper sanitizing and disinfecting methods and requiring all staff to follow CDC mask guidance. SPL staff are required to mask when working.
- Installing new air purifying units in our HVAC systems that purify air using UVC light. The units work within the ducts to kill and remove viruses, bacteria, mold, and other contaminants.
- Installing new plexiglass shields around public service desks
- Changing layouts and service practices to support social distancing and minimize contact
- Increasing sanitizing and disinfecting of high-contact areas
Seating: Are there chairs and tables to sit at?
Seating and tables are available. We ask that you help us keep the library safe for everyone and do not move any equipment or furniture.
Storytimes: When will in-person storytimes come back?
Outdoor, in-person storytimes are planned in September and October at local parks near the library, weather permitting. It is our hope to be able to move storytime indoors at a later date contingent on health conditions. See the web calendar or Happenings newsletter for storytime details.
Study Rooms: Are the study rooms available?
A limited number of study rooms is available for limited use. Please call (614-875-6716 ext. 503) or stop by for details. Some study rooms remain temporarily repurposed as staff work space and remain unavailable. Thank you for your continued understanding.