Your library card just got even better! Introducing—Discovery Passes!
Our library has partnered with local institutions to launch Discovery Passes available for checkout that grant free temporary admission to select museums and institutions. Discovery Passes are now available to check out at Grove City and Westland Area libraries with an SPL card.
Currently, Discovery Passes are available at SPL for
Discovery Passes are limited, and checkouts are first come, first served. Discovery passes may not be reserved. If all passes to the institution you would like to visit are checked out, you will need to wait until a pass is checked back in and becomes available again.
SPL is working to add more Discovery Pass partnerships. We are extremely grateful to our partners for working with us to provide greater access to arts, culture, and education for everyone.
See details below or for more questions and info, call our Patron Services department at 614-875-6716 (Grove City) or 614-878-1301 (Westland).
Happy exploration and discovery!
Discovery Pass borrowing details + FAQs
- You must be an SPL-registered patron aged 18 or older to check out a Discovery Pass.
- Discovery Passes may only be checked out at an SPL location and must be checked out in-person at the Customer Service Desk.
- Discovery Passes are limited and are first come, first served. If all passes to the institution you would like to visit are checked out, you will need to wait until a pass is checked back in and becomes available again.
- Discovery Passes may not be reserved or held.
- You may view what passes are currently in and available via the online catalog by searching "Discovery Pass" or by contacting Patron Services. Please remember, however, passes cannot be reserved or held.
- Discovery Passes do not need to be returned. Institutions will void once used.
- You may check out more than one Discovery Pass at a time provided they are to different institutions. You may not check out two passes to the same institution at the same time.
i.e. you may check out both a pass to Franklin Park Conservatory and a pass to the National Veterans Memorial and Museum (NVMM) at the same time, but you may not check out two passes to the Conservatory at the same time or two passes to NVMM at the same time.
Current Discovery Passes available at SPL
*NEW* Columbus Museum of Art
The Columbus Museum of Art is "built for the community by the community" and its mission is to create great experiences with great art for everyone.
Located at 480 East Broad St., Columbus, OH
- Discovery Pass general admission is for 8 people.
- May be redeemed one time within 7 days of checkout.
A horticultural and educational institution showcasing exotic plant collections, special exhibitions, and Chihuly artworks.
Located at 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH
- Discovery Pass general admission is for 2 adult & up to 6 children.
- May be redeemed twice in a 30-day period.
- Must present ID upon entry.
The National Veterans Memorial and Museum (NVMM) is the United States' national museum for veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Located at 300 W. Broad St., Columbus, OH
- Discovery Pass general admission is for up to 2 adults and 5 children.
- May be redeemed one time within 3 days of checkout.
- Bring parking ticket inside to Welcome Desk for validation.