It’s easier than ever to get high-speed internet on the go—Southwest Public Libraries is now offering hotspot devices with unlimited data for checkout!
Any SPL cardholder age 18 or older may borrow a hotspot device free of charge for a period of two weeks. Patrons can connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices to a single hotspot, including mobile devices, laptops, digital cameras, and gaming devices for unlimited high-speed internet access through T-Mobile.
Hotspots are available for checkout at both the Grove City and Westland locations and are made possible through a federal Emergency Connectivity Fund grant.
To borrow a hotspot:
- Hotspots may be requested at an SPL Customer Service Desk or reserved here through the library’s online catalog by any SPL cardholder age 18 or older.
- Hotspots must be checked out and returned at the Customer Service Desk of an SPL branch. Please do not return in the bookdrops.
- There is no fee for borrowing or daily overdue fines. Service will be disabled for overdue devices.
- Replacement fees of $50 for a long overdue, unreturned device or $5 for a missing charger will be assessed.
- Contact Information at 614-875-6716 ext. 503 (Grove City) or 614-878-1301 ext. 603 (Westland) for assistance.
*Please note: devices are not filtered, nor do they store any history or personal information. Parents and guardians are encouraged to monitor minors’ usage as they see fit.*
Getting started with your hotspot: