Southwest Public Libraries is seeking Part-time and Full-time Circulation Assistants at both the Grove City and the Westland Library.
Starting pay is $9.36/hr and will move to $12.50/hr in January of 2022!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Library experience desirable
- Ability to perform routine tasks in an efficient manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons
- Ability to use keyboard for minimum of two hour shift
- Ability to read titles on shelves and use a computer
- Ability to reach upper and lower shelves while handling items weighing up to ten pounds
- Ability to key board for a minimum of two-hour shifts
- Ability to lift boxes to chest height that weigh up to thirty pounds, and push heavy carts
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Assists as required with Circulation Services clerical tasks including, but not limited to: opening and closing routines such as turning lights on/off, securing cash, logging on/off of terminals; inspection and maintenance of materials and equipment; ordering sup- plies; booking meeting room; answering and referring of telephone calls; public desk duties such as checking in/out of library materials, collecting of fines and fees, bor- rower and program registrations, voter registration, and registrations for Golden Buckeye and Ohio Kids Cards.
- Assists customers with use of online catalog; answers directional requests and refers reference questions to Reference, Adult or Youth Services staff.
- Pulls reserves and prepares for deliveries.
- Assists with training of shelvers as required.
- Reads relevant professional literature as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Click here to apply for this position. Please specify on the application which location you would like to work, if you have a preference.