Did you know that SPL curates a local history collection and that there are some great historical sites to explore right here on the southwest side of Columbus? The map below [click here for PDF] will guide you to six such locations. Check out these resources for more exploration:
- Visit the Grove City Library for documents and info regarding the history of Grove City or Westland Area Library for articles on the creation of Lincoln Village.
- Southwest Franklin County Historical Society
- Ohio Historical Marker Program
- National Register of Historic Places
- Trouble on Scioto's Waters: Soldiers, Frontiersmen, & Native Americans, 1725-1815. Shailer - Orange Frazer Press - 2021 (book)
- Images of America: Grove City. Shailer and Lanese - Arcadia Publishing - 2008 (book + eBook)
Challenge: Take this map and your library card with you on your journeys. Snap a picture and tag us on your social media.