Get ready for a summer filled with your favorite stories, performers, programs, and activities presented online. SRC launches on May 30 and runs through Saturday, July 25 and is offered for all ages from babies through adults.
Most SRC events will be hosted or shared via our Facebook page. Don’t miss out! Like or follow our page for the latest updates and programming. (Make sure to check out our Facebook video playlists for programs you may have missed.)
Register HERE beginning May 30.
This year’s theme, Imagine Your Story, focuses on fairytales, fantasy, folklore, and mythology.
How It Works:
Youth participants will have the opportunity to track their reading, watch online programs, and do online activities to earn points for raffle entries and prizes. Adults will have the opportunity to submit book reviews online and be entered for a chance to win a small gift card at the end.
The library will host special SRC performers and presenters virtually on Mondays at 10:30 a.m. Most performances will be available for viewing for a limited time. Special performers and presenters include:
- June 1: Zak Morgan---grammy-nominated singer and entertainer
- June 8: The Caravan---Found Sounds: Making Your Own Sound Effects
- June 15: Didgeridoo Down Under---Australian music, education, and entertainment
- June 22: Erica Carlson---Fantasical Magic Show
- June 29: Ohio Nature Education---Wildlife in Fairytales in Myths
- July 6: Stevens Puppets---Rumpelstiltskin
- July 13: ScienceTellers---Dragons: The Return of the Ice Sorceress, storytelling with a science twist.
Activities and Virtual Programs for Youth
(Occurring weekly or biweekly. Please see calendar for program details.)
- Imagination Wednesdays (program)
- LEGO Challenge (posted prompt)
- Tinker Challenge (posted prompt)
- Two Chapter Tuesdays (program)
- Virtual Storytimes (program)
Activities and Virtual Programs for Adults
(Most Adult activities will be posted Fridays and Saturdays. Please see calendar for program details.)
- Activity links (posted)
- 5 Books in 5 Minutes (videos)
- Library Live Chats (weekly on Wednesdays from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm via Facebook comments)
- Take-home craft kits (for pickup during no-contact holds pickup hours)
See details about our virtual programs on Facebook or the website calendar. Most programs are listed already, but we’re finalizing details on others, so make sure to check back often. Thank you for your patience with our learning curve. We’re so excited to bring you a summer of virtual fun!