There is a part-time Circulation Assistant position open at Westland Area Library. This position involves 20 hours per week and includes daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Salary ranges from $9.36-14.75/hr. If you are interested in joining our team, please read the information below and follow the link to apply.
Westland Area Library - Circulation Assistant
Position: Circulation Assistant – 20 hours/wk.
Date of Availability: Immediate
Department: Westland Circulation
Salary Range: $9.36 -14.75/hr.
Reports to: Circulation Services/AV Librarian I
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Library experience desirable
- Ability to perform routine tasks in an efficient manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons
- Ability to use keyboard for minimum of two-hour shift
- Ability to read titles on shelves and print on CRT screen
- Ability to reach upper and lower shelves while handling items weighing up to ten pounds
- Ability to key board for a minimum of two-hour shifts
- Ability to lift boxes to chest height that weigh up to thirty pounds, and push heavy carts
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Assists as required with Circulation Services clerical tasks including, but not limited to: opening and closing routines such as turning lights on/off, securing cash, logging on/off of terminals; inspection and maintenance of materials and equipment; ordering supplies; booking meeting room; answering and referring of telephone calls; public desk duties such as checking in/out of library materials, collecting of fines and fees, borrower and program registrations.
- Assists customers with use of online catalog; answers directional requests and refers reference questions to Reference or Youth Services staff.
- Pulls reserves and prepares for deliveries.
- Assists with training of shelvers as required.
- Reads relevant professional literature as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Click here to apply.