The Westland Area Library is seeking a full-time Circulation Assistant. The position involves 40 hours per week. Flexibility in hours is required and may include days, evenings, and weekends. Learn more below and follow the link to apply.
Circulation Assistant (Westland Area Library) – Full-Time
Position: Circulation Assistant – 40 hours/week, flexibility in hours required
Date of Availability: Immediate
Department: Westland Circulation
Salary Range: $9.36 -14.75/hr.
Reports to: Circulation Services/AV Librarian II
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Library experience desirable
- Ability to perform routine tasks in an efficient manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons
- Ability to use keyboard for minimum of two-hour shift
- Ability to read titles on shelves and print on CRT screen
- Ability to reach upper and lower shelves while handling items weighing up to ten pounds
- Ability to key board for a minimum of two-hour shifts
- Ability to lift boxes to chest height that weigh up to thirty pounds, and push heavy carts
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Assists as required with Circulation Services clerical tasks including, but not limited to: opening and closing routines such as turning lights on/off, securing cash, logging on/off of terminals; inspection and maintenance of materials and equipment; ordering supplies; booking meeting rooms; answering and referring of telephone calls; public desk duties such as checking in/out of library materials, collecting of fines and fees, borrower and program registrations.
- Assists customers with use of online catalog; answers directional requests and refers reference questions to Reference or Youth Services staff.
- Pulls reserves and prepares for deliveries.
- Assists with training of shelvers as required.
- Reads relevant professional literature as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.