Southwest Public Libraries has an open position for a Maintenance Assistant. See position details below and click the link to apply.
Position: Maintenance Assistant
The Maintenance Assistant position has the following responsibilities:
- Performs regular cleanup chores including:
- vacuuming, mopping, waxing and polishing of floors
- keeping windows and glass in doors clean
- dusting and polishing of furniture
- disposal of trash
- spot cleaning of walls and ceilings
- keeping rest rooms sanitized and well-stocked
- Assists with minor maintenance tasks, light plumbing, and/or light electrical duties at various library locations, as required by supervisor.
- Assists with maintenance of grounds including mowing, cleanup, trimming of shrubs, and keeping property free of ice and snow.
- Consults on regular basis with supervisor, reporting on needed maintenance.
- Makes scheduled and/or special deliveries as assigned.
- Performs light vehicle maintenance as required by supervisor.
- Orders custodial supplies in consultation with Facilities Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Maintenance Assistant applicants should have the following skills, competencies, education and experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Custodial or related work experience
- Ability to drive library vehicles and operate all other library motor equipment safely
- Ability to lift cartons/equipment weighing up to 75 pounds
- Mobility sufficient for climbing ladders
- Ability to work with arms above head for extended periods of time
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees
- Possession of valid driver's license and insurable as normal risk
- Ability to perform light maintenance, light electrical, light plumbing, and custodial work as assigned
Southwest Public Libraries will provide the following compensation:
- Salary: $16.00/hr
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance benefits
- Employee and employer contributions to Ohio Public Employee Retirement System
- Option to contribute to Deferred Compensation
- Employee Assistance Program