Westland Area Library has an open position for:
Position: Shelver – 15 Hours
Date of Availability: Immediate. This position involves evening and weekend hours.
Department: Westland Area Library Circulation
Salary Range: $8.30 – 10.75/hr
Reports to: Circulation Services/AV Librarian II
High school student or high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow instructions and perform routine duties in a responsible manner
- Ability to sort and file alphabetically and numerically
- Ability to reach upper and lower shelves while handling items weighing up to ten pounds each
- Ability to read titles on shelves
- Ability to push heavy carts
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Shelves and files library materials in all areas of the library collections; shelf reads and keeps shelves in proper order and neatness; retrieves materials from book drop, open shelves, or storage areas.
- Assists customers in basic questions and in use of on-line catalog or copier; provides basic assistance in locating materials; refers other queries to Circulation, Youth Services or Reference staff.
- Assists in maintaining orderly appearance of public service areas, in clearing of book deposit, with inspection and cleaning of materials, with opening and closing routines, and with other circulation tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Click here to apply.