The Grove City Library on Park Street will close at 6 p.m. Friday, September 2. The new Grove City Library on Broadway will open to the public on Sunday, September 25, with a grand opening ceremony starting at 1 p.m.
Here’s what you need to know about:
- Checked Out Items
- The last due date for checked out material at Grove City Library will be Friday, September 2. There will be no due dates during the time the Grove City Library is closed. Nothing will be due until Monday, October 3.
- Returns will not be accepted at either the old or new Grove City building during the close.
- The drop box at the old building will be closed at 6 p.m. September 2. Afterward, no items should be placed in it.
- Items may be returned to Westland Area Library. Westland will maintain regular hours and services. Items checked out from Westland will have normal checkout periods and due dates.
- Reserved Items
- Beginning Friday, August 26, patrons will not be able to select Grove City Library as a pickup location until the library re-opens on September 25.
- Holds already in the system will be suspended and reactivated automatically. Patrons are not required to take any action.
- If a patron wishes to request an item while Grove City Library is closed, the patron will need to choose a different pickup location. Locations can be chosen online through the patron’s account.
- While the hold is suspended, patrons will continue to move up the queue and not lose their spot when multiple people have requested the same item.
- Account Access
- Patrons will be able to access their card accounts online through the library’s website, www.swpl.org.
- For immediate assistance while Grove City Library is closed, contact Westland Area Library at 614-878-1301.
For more information, visit www.swpl.org and follow our Facebook pages, “Southwest Public Libraries” and “Grove City Library Project,” for regular updates.