Closed for the Holiday
Open Board Position
The Southwest Public Libraries Board of Trustees is seeking applicants to fill an unexpired term on the Board of Trustees. The term runs through December, 2020. The Board of Trustees oversees library service throughout the South-Western City School District. To be eligible, applicants must be at least 18 years old and be a resident of the South-Western City School District. The Library Board of Trustees will interview applicants and make a recommendation for appointment to the South-Western City Schools Board of Education. Those interested should submit a resume` and/or a letter of application by 5:00 PM, September, 11, 2015 to the following address:
Southwest Public Libraries
Attn: Mark M. Shaw, Director
3359 Park Street
Grove City, Ohio 43123
Circulation Assistant 20-hr Grove City Library
Title: CIRCULATION ASSISTANT Department: CIRCULATION SERVICES
Circulation Assistant (20 Hour) - GROVE CITY LIBRARY
Reports to: CIRCULATION SERVICES LIBRARIAN II
Classification: CLERK I
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Library experience desirable.
- Ability to perform routine tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons.
- Ability to use keyboard for minimum of two hour shift.
- Ability to read titles on shelves and print on CRT screen.
- Ability to reach upper and lower shelves while handling items weighing up to ten pounds.
- Ability to key board for a minimum of two-hour shifts.
- Ability to lift boxes to chest height that weigh up to thirty pounds, and push heavy carts.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Assists as required with Circulation Services clerical tasks including, but not limited to: opening and closing routines such as turning lights on/off, securing cash, logging on/off of terminals; inspection and maintenance of materials and equipment; ordering supplies; booking meeting room; answering and referring of telephone calls; public desk duties such as checking in/out of library materials, collecting of fines and fees, borrower and program registrations, voter registration, and registrations for Golden Buckeye and Ohio Kids Cards.
- Assists customers with use of online catalog; answers directional requests and refers reference questions to Reference, Adult or Youth Services staff.
- Pulls reserves and prepares for deliveries.
- Assists with training of shelvers as required.
- Reads relevant professional literature as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Salary and Benefits:
Starting Salary: 9.36 per hour
All Personnel - Paid vacation, sick leave (full-time only), personal days, holidays. Public Employees Retirement System. Paid Medical, Dental,Vison,at single rate for full‑time employees, prorated for employees working 20 hours per week or more. Optional participation in benefits through Section 125 plan, Deferred Compensation, and Franklin County School Employees Credit .
Shelver - Grove City Library
Part Time Year-Round Position
Part Time/15 Hour Position
Responsibilities include shelving materials in all areas of the library’s collections; maintaining orderly shelves; retrieving materials from open and storage shelves; other duties as assigned by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Days, evenings and weekends required.
Starting salary: $8.10/hour
Applications are available at either Southwest Public Library location, or apply online at http://www.swpl.org/about-spl/info/jobs-spl
Southwest Public Libraries
Human Resources Office, 614.875.6716 ext. 158